My brother says I should get treated because once in a while I get folliculitis? Is he right?

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology

In brief: Depends...

...On what is causing the folliculitis.
You need to know the cause before you can know if it needs to be treated. A dermatologist can help you with that.

In brief: Depends...

...On what is causing the folliculitis.
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Folliculitis

Folliculitis occurs when hair follicles become infected, often with staphylococcus aureus or other bacteria.
Certain variations of folliculitis are also known as hot tub folliculitis and barber's itch. Severe infections can cause permanent hair loss and scarring, and even mild folliculitis can be uncomfortable and embarrassing. Your brother is correct.

In brief: Folliculitis

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher