My brother says I should get treated because once in a while I get finger swelling? Is he right?

Dr. Harris Cohen
In brief: Swelling
Finger swelling has many possible causes, and it best evaluated by a physician when the finger is actually swollen.

In brief: Swelling
Dr. Harris Cohen
Dr. Harris Cohen
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Many Reason swelling
Finger swelling can occur for many reasons.
Some of these are mild problems but others can be more severe. Is it the same fingers? Are there different fingers? How often does this occur? Is the finger painful? Does the finger show a color change? Does the swelling interfer with hand function? These are the kind of things we need to know to help decide what may be going on.

In brief: Many Reason swelling
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Andrea Brand