Is the stellate ganglion block a risky thing to do?

Risk vs benefit . All injections for pain have some risk. A sgb is fairly low risk if done by a skilled physician. The benefits of such a block can be great. See a board certified pain specialist.
Depends. This block have to be done under image (ultrasound, x-ray) guidance to avoid complications.
Stellate . There are risks associated with the block. In well trained hands and under either x-ray or ultrasound the risks are low. Nothing is ever too risky it all depends on how bad your symptoms and pain are - then its a matter of weighing the risks and the benefits.
Can Be. All your major blood vessels going to you head are right there so if your doctor has not performed these a lot or does not use X-ray or ultrasound guidance you could be at risk for intravascular injection which can result in a seizure if the anesthetic makes it to your brain.