Will a urinary tract infection harm my baby or me when i'm pregnant?

Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology
In brief: Kidney infection
May cause premature labor.
Thus baby might have problems associated with prematurity, but otherwise should not be harmed.

In brief: Kidney infection
May cause premature labor.
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Marsha Davis
In brief: Only if not treated
It myths culture and proof of cure.

In brief: Only if not treated
It myths culture and proof of cure.
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Marsha Davis
In brief: Several issues
The womb & bag of waters separate baby from your UTI so there are no direct risk to baby.
The exception would be is you had a leaking bag & germs got in it (rare in early or mid pregnancy) baby is at risk to your infections that have a blood phase like a flu or measles. Your dr will rx with a med that doesn't hurt baby & hopefully the infection doesn't trigger early labor.

In brief: Several issues
Dr. Cindy Juster