My urinary tract infection seems to be gone. Do I still need to take the rest of my antibiotic medication?

Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology
Excellent that you are no longer symptomatic, but does not mean that UTI has completely resolved.
Antibiotics will also give you some protection from getting reinfected whilst bladder heals. You are at increased risk of getting another UTI during the healing phase. So it's a good idea to complete the course of antibiotics.

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Jay Park
In brief: Certainly
Subsidence of symptoms, e.
g., painful urination or fever, does not generally mean complete clearing of uti. Premature termination of drug treatment results in leaving half-dead (antibiotic resistant) bugs behind.

In brief: Certainly
Subsidence of symptoms, e.
Dr. Jay Park
Dr. Jay Park
Dr. Jane Van Dis