Is post menopause bleeding and pelvic pain a sign of colon cancer? Endo cancer ruled out as biopsy clear.

Dr. Clifford Gevirtz
Anesthesiology

In brief: No

Vaginal bleeding is gyn not colon! uterine ca is not ruled out by a pap.
Need a d+c to look for uterine ca.

In brief: No

Need a d+c to look for uterine ca.
Dr. Clifford Gevirtz
Dr. Clifford Gevirtz
Dr. Alvin Lin
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Maybe (not) . . .

Pelvic pain is very non-specific.
In other words, it suggests many possibilities like various cancers but also (torsion of) benign ovarian cysts, fibroids and even stds. Post-menopausal bleeding refers to bleeding from uterus via vagina. I'm glad biopsy is negative but also need pelvic ultrasound to evaluate thickness of lining & look around. Then colonoscopy to screen for colon cancer.

In brief: Maybe (not) . . .

Pelvic pain is very non-specific.
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Ward Dean
Board Certified, Anti-Aging Medicine