I squeezed a stye I have had in my eye for awhile and this morning i woke up with my bottom eyelid very swollen should I be worried?

Dr. Richard Wieder
Ophthalmology

In brief: Treatment of stye

A stye is usually a self-limited localized infection in the eyelid.
Squeezing it probably caused the infection to spread to a larger area but usually still not serious. The treatment involves warm compresses regularly and oral antibiotics if the infection is significant. Also, sometimes there is a persistent lump left when the infection is gone. This occasionally needs to be removed.

In brief: Treatment of stye

Dr. Richard Hector
Ophthalmology

In brief: YES!!

You may have allowed the infection to spread and should seek medical attention asap!

In brief: YES!!

Dr. Tracy Lovell
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

It sounds as if you have an infection.
Please seek medical attention to address this.

It sounds as if you have an infection.
Dr. Tracy Lovell
you may want to go to the er or urgent care to seek care with it being the weekend