Hi, I have undergone liver test and found sgpt level as high as 270. What can be probable reasons for the same and what precautions should I take?

Pathology

In brief: Find the cause

Listen, man. This is serious and if your physician is doing his/her job, you need it worked up.
If it's up while you're off meds and alcohol, then you need to be checked for viral hepatitis b & c, hemochromatosis, wilson's, autoimmune hepatitis, antitrypsin deficiency and maybe a few others. If all are normal, perhaps it's the metabolic syndrome and you'll get a rx for a fitness-focused lifestyle.

In brief: Find the cause

Dr. Adam Smith