Is lymphoma curable?

Dr. Keith Stockerl-Goldstein
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Many types are
Lymphoma can be cured usually with chemotherapy and sometimes with the addition of radiation.
The success rate is dependent on the type of lymphoma as well as location. There are some types of lymphoma are not considered curable with standard treatments.

In brief: Many types are
Dr. Keith Stockerl-Goldstein
Dr. Keith Stockerl-Goldstein
Dr. Michael Thompson
In brief: Depends...
Like many answers in life -- it depends.
There are over 40 types of lymphoma, so "lymphoma" is not specific enough to answer. I talk about cancer 1-2-3 -- 1) diagnosis (and subtype eg fl, dlbcl, mcl, mzl, etc), 2) prognosis and staging, 3) treatment. Curability depends on the type of lymphoma, stage, and prognostic factors. Check what clinical trials are available also.

In brief: Depends...
Dr. Michael Thompson
Dr. Michael Thompson
Dr. Arnon Rubin