Is abdominal distension a sign of some disease?

It depends ... Abdominal distension is a non-specific finding ... It can represent the entire gamut of medical conditions, from mild constipation to life-threatening intestinal ischemia. It's significance needs to be taken in context with a large number of other factors.
Not necessariiy. Abdominal distension is non specific. It can be associated with gastroenteritis, flu, constipation, or a bowel obstruction. It can even be related to what one has recently eaten. It must be taken in conjunction with other symptoms.