I've been feeling more tired and have some traveler's diarrhea. When should I see the doctor?

Dr. Alla Kirsch
Travel Medicine

In brief: Need more info

You did not share where and when you traveled which would help me guide you.
I would also need to know the extent of your diarrhea symptoms and if you are running a fever or are vomiting. What you have tried to stop the diarrhea?

In brief: Need more info

Dr. Alla Kirsch
Dr. Alla Kirsch
Dr. Eric L. Weiss
Travel Medicine

In brief: Blood,mucus,or fever

Most travelers diarrhea is self limited, but will improve more quickly with short course antibiotics (such as cipro) and an anti-diarrhea agen like Imodium ad.
Rest, pushing fluids, tylenol, (acetaminophen) and then gradually advancing diet should be all that is necessary. Blood or mucus in your stool, dehydration, worsoning or persistant symptoms should all have you see your doctor.

In brief: Blood,mucus,or fever

Dr. Eric L. Weiss
Dr. Eric L. Weiss
Dr. Marsha Davis