I've been having a lot of sinus drainage and i've never had a swollen lymph node behind my ear from what i know. Can this cause this to happen?

Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care

In brief: Monitoring Centers

Lymphatic system absorbs/carries things too big to go into the arteries/veins like bacteria eaten by white cells and digested food.
Lymph nodes "taste" the lymph for anything bad like bacteria/viruses/cancers, etc. When it detects a problem, it alerts the immune system and your body reacts. They enlarge in response to the inflammation they create when they react. They shrink when all is well.

In brief: Monitoring Centers

Dr. Vicken Poochikian