I started getting urinary retention a couple of days ago. Will I be back to normal by next week?

Dr. Edward Levy

In brief: It depends

Is it true urinary retention or does it just feel like retention? Only your doctor can investigate this accurately.
The answer to that question dictates the workup. In any case, prompt medical attention is prudent.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Edward Levy
Dr. Edward Levy
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis

In brief: Urinary retention

What medications/supplements are you taking? Some have the side effect of causing difficulty urinating.
Do you have signs/symptoms of a uti—burning, frequency, blood? Best to see your pcp or a urologist for evaluation & treatment. Be sure to take list of all meds & supplements with you.

In brief: Urinary retention

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine