I started getting ringworm on the scalp a couple of days ago. Will I be back to normal by next week?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology

In brief: No

Ringworm often requires oral medications for 1-2 months to clear and prevent recurrences such as Lamisil (terbinafine) or griseofulvin.
See doctor for prescription because it will spread if not treated.

In brief: No

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology

In brief: Maybe

Whenever a patient asks me if their rash will be gone by next week, i answer, "my crystal ball is broken today.
" we are doctors, not fortune tellers. How quickly a scalp ringworm resolves depends on how extensive it is, how it is treated, and whether it has caused hair loss. If there is hair loss, it obviously will not grow back by next week -- but it will grow back.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern