How much should I worry about lower leg swelling?

Dr. Mark Bromson
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Lower leg swelling
Lower leg swelling can be due to a variety of conditions.
In addition to musculoskeletal causes, it can be due to cardiovascular and other medical conditions.; medications for high blood pressure can cause it, for example. You didn't indicate whether one or both legs are swollen, nor how long the condtion has lasted. I would recommend seeing your physician to have it checked out.

In brief: Lower leg swelling
Dr. Mark Bromson
Dr. Mark Bromson
Dr. Daniel Farber
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle
In brief: Depends on whose leg
If its your leg then it is appropriate to be concerned.
However, leg swelling can happen for many reasons. Heart conditions, kidney problems, vein or artery disease, or local injury or arthritis, infection, and others. If you're concerned it is always best to see our doctor.

In brief: Depends on whose leg
Dr. Daniel Farber
Dr. Daniel Farber
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology