How long can I wait with my confusion to see if it goes away without seeing a doctor?

Dr. Robert Roth
Internal Medicine - Hospital-based practice

In brief: Not long

Intoxication is a transient form of confusion that goes away as we sober from alcohol or drugs.
Any other confusion should be evaluated by a doctor to determine if it is caused by a reversible condition or part of a progressive condition such as alzheimer's disease or stroke.

In brief: Not long

Dr. Robert Roth
Dr. Robert Roth
Dr. Larry Maturani

In brief: 24 hrs or less

I would say that even one day is too long to be confused.
I would call my family doctor and get some routine blood work such as chem panel, liver panel, perhaps check the urine. As far as imaging, and depending on your age, you may want to consider a simple chest x ray, cat scan of brain or even a carotid ultrasound may be necessary. After the above, perhaps you will have a diagnosis.

In brief: 24 hrs or less

Dr. Larry Maturani
Dr. Larry Maturani
2 comments
Dr. Tarek Nashawi
but i would stop all mood altering meds or alcohol before that, the fact that you know you are confused makes it less likely that you really are.
Dr. Ronald Achong
Great answer. I agree 100%
Dr. Tarek Nashawi

In brief: Depends on factors

Why are you confused and for how long, i cannot answer this question until i get more info.
Sorry.

In brief: Depends on factors

Sorry.
Dr. Tarek Nashawi
Dr. Tarek Nashawi
Dr. Luis Villaplana

In brief: ?

How old are you?

In brief: ?

How old are you?
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana