How fast can I make my vasovagal syncope go away?

Dr. Ryan Cooley
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Agree with variable
Counterpressure manoeuvres are effective but should not replace recumbent position.
Putting hands together and squeezing to contract upper body muscles works as well as crossing legs and squeezing. Both accomplish an increase in blood pressure.

In brief: Agree with variable
Dr. Ryan Cooley
Dr. Ryan Cooley
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Variable
Depends on how bad the spell is and how quickly you institute measures to reverse it.
Methods that raise your BP like lying down, elevating your legs, isometric exercise like making a fist, if started at the first sign can abort it rapidly: seconds to minutes. Once established, without treatment, people can feel weak and dizzy for an hour or even more.

In brief: Variable
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner