How fast can I make my small bowel obstruction go away?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: U Can't Do It Alone

Small bowel obstructions (sbo) require in-patient care to fully evaluate and rx.
This includes reversal of the inevitable dehydration, emptying the stomach with an ng tube, and monitoring one's overall well-being to determine if surgery is necessary. Most sbos are secondary to adhesions from prior surgery; thankfully, this resolves with above measures 2/3 of the time.

In brief: U Can't Do It Alone

Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: This is an emergency

You need to go to an emergency room immediately for this type of problem. Most causes of obstruction require emergency surgery and the consequences of no treatment most likely will be deadly, .

In brief: This is an emergency

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger