How fast can I make my post concussive syndrome go away?

Dr. Stacy Frye
Sports Medicine
In brief: Varies in everyone
By definition, post concussion syndrome means the concussion symptoms have been present >6 weeks.
If you are referring to PCS, that can take months to go away. If you mean simply symptoms after having the actual concussion, those typically go away in 7-10 days. Either way, rest is crucial. Cognitive (rest from reading, concentrating work, analyzing things) & physical (rest from sports, etc).

In brief: Varies in everyone
Dr. Stacy Frye
Dr. Stacy Frye
Dr. James Goodrich
Neurosurgery
In brief: Post Concussive
Pcs does not just go away, it takes time for the brain to heal and to get back to a normal environment and you should be aware that this can takes months to happen.

In brief: Post Concussive
Dr. James Goodrich
Dr. James Goodrich
Dr. Larry Armstrong
Neurosurgery
In brief: Not fast
I like to tell patients that this is like the american express card- you pay me now or you pay me later. The best treatment for concussion is rest- brain rest and body rest.
Persistent strenuous activity is destined to cause continuous headaches and continuation of symptoms for quite some time. Therefore, pay now and rest for at least 3 weeks- recover!

In brief: Not fast
Dr. Larry Armstrong
Dr. Larry Armstrong