How fast can I make my pancoast syndrome go away?

Dr. Lawrence Hochman
Radiation Oncology
In brief: This varies
If your pancoast syndrome is caused by a malignant tumor in your lung then treatment, whether surgical, or with chemotherapy and radiation would be the best way to make the syndrome go away.
Surgical removal, if possible, usually results in the quickest regression of the syndrome. But chemo/radiation often resolves the syndrome as well, but in a longer period of time.

In brief: This varies
Dr. Lawrence Hochman
Dr. Lawrence Hochman
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Radiation Oncology
In brief: Treatment
Evaluation by your surgeon, oncologists.
If resectable then the syndrome will improve. If requires radiation and chemotherapy then it's slower but the syndrome should over time improve.

In brief: Treatment
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology