How fast can I make my diabetic retinopathy go away?

Dr. Alvin Fried
Internal Medicine - Diabetology

In brief: Depends

The treatment of diabetic retinopathy should be undertaken by an ophthalmologist.
It involves, perhaps, some laser treatments and good control of the diabetes. How well or how rapidly it responds to treatment depends upon how advanced it is in the first place.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Alvin Fried
Dr. Alvin Fried
Dr. Bernard Godley
Ophthalmology - Retinal Surgery

In brief: No cure

Diabetes and dr are chronic diseases.
There are 3 main options for treating diabetic retinopathy: 1) laser photocoagulation; 2) intraocular injection; and 3) vitrectomy surgery. The type of treatment chosen is based on the extent and type of diabetic retinopathy your doctor identifies. Your prognosis will vary depending on the severity of your condition.

In brief: No cure

Diabetes and dr are chronic diseases.
Dr. Bernard Godley
Dr. Bernard Godley
Dr. Arnon Rubin