How fast can I make my blepharitis go away?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Controllable

Blepharitis is a chronic inflammation of the lids somewhat related to dandruff in the scalp.
It causes itching, crusting and redness of the lid skin and swelling in severe cases. It is almost never sight threatening. The usual treatment is cleaning, warm soaks and topical antibiotic + steroid combination creams and medications. Response is variable; recurrence is common. Be patient.

In brief: Controllable

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Vance Kilmore
Ophthalmology

In brief: Control but no cure

Blepharitis is interesting in that it can often be controlled but is not really cured, or eradicated.
It takes several forms but typically gives symtoms of burning, irritation and often some redness of both the eyelids and the eye itself. It is considered to be part of dry eye sydrome or ocular surface disease and often leads to other symptoms of dry eye.

In brief: Control but no cure

Dr. Vance Kilmore
Dr. Vance Kilmore