How can you sleep with ptsd?

In brief: Oh my, That is one

Difficult issue to deal w.
It is important to ensure that you have excellent sleep hygiene. Avoiding or minimizing alcohol intake is essential. There are a number of different medications (& combinations) that can be used: trazodone, remeron, (mirtazapine) atypical antipsychotics, melatonin (sometimes w buspar), tricyclic antidepressants, standard sleep medications etc. Etc. Controlling sleep is a key to tx.

In brief: Oh my, That is one

Difficult issue to deal w.
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Symptom intensity

The more severe the comorbid symptoms of PTSD, the more sleep is generally effected.
Go get a psychiatric referral to be evaluated for PTSD, and mention sleep problems. Also find a reputable psychotherapist who specializes with PTSD issues, and make an appointment to see that person.

In brief: Symptom intensity

Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Sherry Broadwell
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Meds plus therapy

Sleep problems are so common among those who suffer from PTSD that it has been argued to not simply be a symptom of PTSD, but possibly, an independent disorder. Sleep medications can help as can CBT-I (Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Insomnia), especially if in the context of overall treatment for PTSD (e.
g., Cognitive Processing Therapy). Hope this is helpful. Take care.

In brief: Meds plus therapy

Dr. Sherry Broadwell
Dr. Sherry Broadwell