I use to take a non stimulant medication for ADHD but stopped now. What types of stimulants are physical or psychological?

Behavior tx. vs. med. In addition to what my colleague just said, you need to talk to a psychiatrist to asses how severe your add is. Can it be managed with a behavior intervention, medications or both? Stimulants are effective and safe if used under the guidance of a physician.
Stimulants. Really, there are no non stimulants. All of the helpful medications for add are nor Epinephrine reuptake inhibitors, including strattera and imipramine. Wellbutrin (bupropion) is an antidepressant that can also help adhd symptoms. Methylphenidate (ritalin) and amphetamines (adderal, dexedrine, vyvanse are standard medications for adhd. Provigil and Nuvigil off label can be very effective.