What are Adderall and focalin (dexmethylphenidate)?

The difference. Adderall contains 75% of the effective (dextro) isomers of amphetamine, while Focalin (dexmethylphenidate) is dextro-methylphenidate (only the right-handed, or active molecule of adderall). Adderall is a mixture of amphetamine salts, 3-1 effective to non-effective levo (or left-handed molecules). Dextroamphetamine contains only the effective stereoisomer of amphetamine, and has fewer side effects.
Stimulants. Adderall is a mixture of 4 amphetamine salts. focalin (dexmethylphenidate) is a form of methylphenidate, actually the active half of the methylphenidate molecule thought to contain the positive effects.