How come I have basal cell carcinoma, but nobody else in the family has it?

Sun exposure. Basal cell cancers are typically caused by sun exposure. There is some degree genetic risk, but sun exposure is the primary risk factor. They typically appear on sun exposed areas of the body likes the nose and ears.
Not familial. In general, basal cell carcinoma is not a genetically transmitted. It is mostly due to excessive sun exposure of the skin and cancerous transformation of damaged cells. It takes years to manifest itself and slow growing in general. Nevertheless, the less pigmentation in the skin, the more you are prone to get basal cell cancer. Sun protection is your best defense against it.
There is no reason. Like alot of things. Wouldn't really help to figure it out but you could've had moresun or been exposed to pcbs or other toxins.
Sun exposure. Basal cell carcinoma, the most common cancer may run in families but is also caused by sun exposure.
Basal cell cancer. There are many explanations for why an individual gets bcc but the overwhelming cause tends to e related to sun exposure in a susceptible individual.