How can I treat fecal impaction?

Enema. Fecal impaction can be a painful and frustrating condition. A large buildup of stool in the rectum can obstruct passage of stool and gas behind the obstruction causing pain and bloating. Depending on the severity of the obstruction, sometimes an enema is needed. If someone has tried over the counter stool softeners and laxatives simultaneously without response, it's time for an enema.
Fluids. Drinking plenty of fluids, glycerine suppositories, fleet enema (sodium bisphosphate) with or without mineral oil and rarely manual disempaction. Do not take strong or harsh oral laxatives as you could perforate the bowel. Once resolved, eating and drinking peoperely should help to prevent a recurrence. Also you should have a thorough evaluation to be sure there is no other underlying cause espec if this is 1st episode.