How can I treat contact dermatitis?

Avoidance & steroids. The most important issue is to avoid the item or items that you are allergic. The rash can be treated with topical steroid cream. Severe and extensive lesions may require systemic treatment with steroids under the care of a doctor.
Skin Irritants. A list of the top culprits that trigger skin reactions, or contact dermatitis. Some cause symptoms like redness, itchy skin, or inflammation.Some are triggered by an individual's allergy (contact allergic dermatitis) while other chemicals affect everyone (contact irritant dermatitis). http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/features/dirty-dozen#1.