Does pruritus ani usually cause many symptoms?

Just itching! Pruritis ani is a descriptive term for its very annoying and bothersome symptoms: itching of the sensitive skin around your anus. Causes vary, but are commonly just irritants like soap, shampoo, body lotion (or scratching!).
Itchy bottom. Puritis ani describes itching around the anus. It has many causes including excessive or inadequate wiping, moisture (chapped), sensitivity to scented toilet paper or laundry products, superficial yeast infection, and pinworms. Try to change your toileting habits, use a protective cream or anti-fungal cream. If these don't help see your doctor.