What is involved in a partial knee replacement?

Partial Knee. With partial knee replacement, only one of the three knee compartments is replaced (or resurfaced). I have a good comparison of issues with partial versus total knee replacement on my website at the following link: http://www.andrewpearle.com/robotic/robotic-knee-resurfacing.html.
Surfaces restored. When one side of your knee joints cartilage wears down , you can resurface the end of the bone with a femoral implant made of cobalt chrome and a tibial component made of titanium and polyethylene. These implants are secured to the bone with a special cement. Precision installation is the key to long term success. Robotics has made this a reproducibly excellent joint retoring procedure.
Knee Replacement. Please see my article about partial knee replacements http://www.Orthonc.Com/articles/july-august-september-2010.Html.