Can it hurt to get your wisdom upper left wisdom tooth removed?

Talk to oral surgeon. This depends on the tooth itself, the skill of the oral surgeon, your ability to heal, and your tolerance for discomfort. A tooth that is erupted and easy to remove has few problems healing, but a broken down tooth or an unerupted tooth that is a more difficult extraction can have more pain. You will be given the appropriate medications and instructions to make healing as easy as possible.
Usually Not Much. Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it;s a bit more complicated. Depends on the size, angulation, location, and other factors. Every tooth is different. Every person is different. Your dentist/oral surgeon can predict how it's going to go for you. You will be comfortable during the procedure, and modern pain meds can help you recover without too much drama. It's usually easier than you think.