Does it hurt to get a gastric bypass done?

Dr. Marci Dietrich
Bariatrics

In brief: No one must.

It may be advised for difficult obesity situations, and of course, beneficial for some patients; but they should have appropriate treatment with conservative methods, ie eating management and exercise; also drug management; before they proceed with surgical intervention.
I have had a few patients lose and maintain a weight a weight loss of of over 100 lbs without surgical intervention.

In brief: No one must.

Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Bariatrics

In brief: Of course

I am not sure by what you mean by "hurt" all surgery has some postoperative discomfort.
But, if you are asking the potential complications of gastric bypass--your surgeon should discuss these at length with you. For many obese patients, bypass, is a logical step after trying"everything" and you have med problems. If you feel you are being "rushed" into bypass surgery, please get another opinion.

In brief: Of course

Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Bariatrics

In brief: Lipomas

Lipomas are fat tumors and benign.
But without removal of a suspected lipoma--especially, if it bothers you, is tender or growing-you won't know it is a lipoma. It's physical characteristics on palpation can't absolutely deterimine that it is benign. Therefore removal and examination by a pathologist under a microscope is necessary for a diagnosis.

In brief: Lipomas

Lipomas are fat tumors and benign.
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology