Does de Quervain's tenosynovitis usually cause many symptoms?

Dr. Lawrence Kale
Occupational Medicine

In brief: Pain

The primary symptom from dequervain's is pain along the thumb side of the wrist.
There can be swelling as well as a "creaking" sensation with thumb movements as well as simulated hammering motion of the hand/wrist.

In brief: Pain

Dr. Lawrence Kale
Dr. Lawrence Kale
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: De quervains

I have found that a soft neoprene splint works well for dequervain's tenosynovitis.
A soft splint tends to inhibit the thumb and wrist from going toward the extremes of motion ( the position of thumb extension -hitchhiking- and simultaneous radial deviation of the wrist--moving your wrist and hand toward the thumb side and the opposite, turning the wrist away form the thumb side while reaching or.

In brief: De quervains

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint