Will my breast shrink and be less firm after I wean my child?

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
In brief: No
For most women this is not a major problem. Remember by nursing your baby you are doing something to make your baby healthier..
..And you....Women who nurse lower their risk for breast cancer.

In brief: No
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
The texture of the breast does change after pregnancy and nursing and is unlikely to be as "perky" as before pregnancy.
But most women adapt well to their body changes since having a baby is truly a transformational event that ushers in a new stage of life. The joys of "mothering" your baby more than make up for the body changes.

Dr. Katherine Sutherland
Dr. Katherine Sutherland
Dr. Shontae Buffington