Should I apply a moisturizer before or after my tretinoin cream?

After. Let the pharmaceutical be absorbed into skin that has not had "blocking" moisturizer applied first. Retin-a first; then moisturizer.
Tretinoin. If the skin is becoming dry or irritated from tretinoin , one can apply a moisturizer first followed by the tretinoin. Otherwise , tretinoin would be better absorbed into the skin if applied before a moisturizer .
After. Wash face with a gentle moisturizing facial cleanser. Then pat dry (don't rub). Apply tretinoin, gently massaging into skin. Wait about 1 minute then apply moisturizer (if it's your daytime moisturizer, make sure it has sunscreen contained within it.).