Have Achilles tendinopathy dr talked about surgery because its been a yrs struggle but said i would have to stop drinking 3mths in advance. Why?

Dr. Wenjay Sung
Podiatry

In brief: Decrease risks

If you are an excessive drinker, smoker, or have risks factors that could lead to complications after surgery (wound infection, blood clots, failure of surgery, etc), by decreasing those risk factors will increase likelihood of success.
However, not sure why 3 months of abstinence, that seems random.

In brief: Decrease risks

Dr. Helene Nguyen
Wound care

In brief: Achilles Surgery

I'm not sure what type of procedure that your doctor proposing.
The recovery period is varies with the extent of procedure of choice. How often do you drink and how much will also affect the recovery for your ambulation capability. Most of achilles reconstruction procedure that requires you to have stable ambulatory gait with crutches and/or walking boot.

In brief: Achilles Surgery

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine