Do I have to see a specialist to get a diptheria, tetanus and pertussis vaccine ordered?

Easily Obtained. Your pediatric office has this vaccine for all children. Some offices will offer the tdap (adult version) to parents. Local health departments stock this. Remember, as an adult, if you need a "tetanus" shot, always ask for the "full version" which would include diptheria and pertussis (whooping cough) too. This will aid in protecting or cocooning younger children and babies from these diseases.