1 doctor weighed in:

I spilled methanol on my hands last night. I washed it off within 5 to 10 minutes. How long for symptoms to appear if i ingested some?

1 doctor weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics

In brief: Confusing question

Superficial skin exposure should not create any problems.
It is not readily absorbed through the skin. If you ingested as little as a tablespoon full by mouth the full the effects are quite drastic. Coma within hours, blindness within 24 hours.

In brief: Confusing question

Superficial skin exposure should not create any problems.
It is not readily absorbed through the skin. If you ingested as little as a tablespoon full by mouth the full the effects are quite drastic. Coma within hours, blindness within 24 hours.
Dr. James Ferguson
Dr. James Ferguson
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified,
7M people helped
Continue
108,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors