Is diaphragmatic hernia surgery/diaphragm hole repair an outpatient surgery?

Maybe. If you have a simple sliding hiatal hernia repaired laparoscopically you can frequently be discharged the same day. If you have a more complex paraesophageal or foramen of bochdalek hernia expect to be admitted to the hospital.
Generally not . In some case small hernia in the diaphragm can be reapired on an out patient basis most patients stay overnight or even abit longer.
No. It is a major operation that requires a hospital stay regardless of whether it is performed as an open operation or with the scope.
Diaphragmatic hernia. Perhaps you have your terminology off a bit. Diaphragmatic hernia generally occurs before or at birth when the abdominal contents herniate into the chest cavity through a malformed diaphram.It is life threatening and requires emergency inpatient surgery in a center capable of providing neonatal intensive care.
HH. This is called hiatal hernia, & depending on the size & extent of herniation, laparoscopic surgery is performed on op basis. Recovery is fast if no complications.