Do doctors see a lot of patients with obstructive sleep apnea?

Dr. Strahil Atanasov
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine
In brief: I do
I do, but my practice is limited to sleep disorders, so there is selection bias.
Primary care physicians (pcp) see a lot of people complaining of difficulty falling asleep, difficulty staying awake, and of generally unsatisfatory sleep quality. Some of these are sent to sleep centers for further evaluation and some are managed by the pcp. 10% of people suffer from insomnia; 9-24% from sleep apnea.

In brief: I do
Dr. Strahil Atanasov
Dr. Strahil Atanasov
Dr. Sherin Ibrahim Howett
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine
As a primary care and sleep specialist, I see a lot of patient with sleep apnea.
We use the Berlin Questionnaire to screen patients as well as the Epworth Sleepiness Scale to quantify peoples level of sleepiness.

Dr. Sherin Ibrahim Howett
Dr. Sherin Ibrahim Howett
Dr. Ronald Achong
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
A lot of patients go undiagnosed.

A lot of patients go undiagnosed.
Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: Some do
Depends on specialty. The disorder is very common.

In brief: Some do
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Eric Weisman