What is the best arch support or brace to wear for plantar fasciitis while running long distances?

A custom orthotic! A good, supportive shoe and a custom orthotic is the very best. See your podiatrist for recommendations on shoes for your particular feet, and ask them about over the counter vs. Custom orthotics.
Orthotics. Soft over the counter orthotics or arch support can help. The top of the line orthotic is a custom made device generally obtained from a podiatrist...Preferably who sees athletes on a regular basis.
Heel cups. Mf heel cups can ease the pain of plantar fasciitis in most cases . It works by using your own heel fat pad more efficiently . There are many other deviscs you can try over the counter. The cure usually requires a regimen of achilles stretching, intrinsic muscle exercises and night splints i dorsiflexion (esp. If suffering from early am pain). See doc if worsens sometimes stress fracture mimics pf.