Do a lot of people get obstructive sleep apnea?

Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dentistry
In brief: Yes.
It has been published that 2% of women and 4% of men.
But in my experience, i believe it is much higher.

In brief: Yes.
Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dr. James Donley
I have seen it published that at some point up to 1 in 4 men and 1 in 11 women can get it. 2-4% of children have it. It is a factor in all chronic disease and the number cause of high blood pressure.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: Many more
Many more than you would think.
Read this for details: http://healthysleep.med.harvard.edu/sleep-apnea/living-with-osa/health-consequences

In brief: Many more
Many more than you would think.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Kirankumar Viramgama
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine
About 1-5% of us population has sleep apnea and the trend is increasing with increase weight gain in last 1-2 decade.
Neck size greater than 17 inch in male and 16 inch in females with history of snoring, sleep symptoms like fatigue, daytime sleepiness, and high blood pressure are some of the screening sign/symptoms one may want to consider for evaluation of sleep apnea.

Dr. Kirankumar Viramgama
Dr. Kirankumar Viramgama