Do a lot of people get obstructive sleep apnea?

Yes. It has been published that 2% of women and 4% of men. But in my experience, i believe it is much higher.
Many more. Many more than you would think. Read this for details: http://healthysleep.med.harvard.edu/sleep-apnea/living-with-osa/health-consequences.
Yes. About 1-5% of us population has sleep apnea and the trend is increasing with increase weight gain in last 1-2 decade. Neck size greater than 17 inch in male and 16 inch in females with history of snoring, sleep symptoms like fatigue, daytime sleepiness, and high blood pressure are some of the screening sign/symptoms one may want to consider for evaluation of sleep apnea.