I took myself off methotrexate for psoriatic arthritis without my doctor knowing it. I was on arava and enbrel and my enzymes were slightly elevated. I want to see if psoriasis comes back. If it does and my enzymes go down, i will start start the medicine

Dr. Robert Lowe
Pediatric Rheumatology

In brief: No, bad idea

You are on the same team as your doctor. Use your doctor as a consultant to help you make the best decisions for your care.
If you alter your treatment plan yourself, you are at the very least putting yourself at risk for a flare of disease, and at worst putting yourself into danger if your medicines require a taper to be done safely. Call your doctor now--tell him/her you'd like to stop your meds.

In brief: No, bad idea

Dr. Robert Lowe
Dr. Robert Lowe
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Yes and no

I do believe meds need to be adjusted if liver enzymes are elevated.
I also personally do not use Arava (leflunomide) and Methotrexate together because of just this issue. However, i never encourage patients to stop meds without discussing issue with the doctor first.

In brief: Yes and no

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Robert Jackson
Dermatology

In brief: Should really

You should really talk to your doctor about this. Very important.

In brief: Should really

Dr. Robert Jackson
Dr. Robert Jackson
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham