If I have chronic kidney disease, do I need to take medication as well?

CKD medications. With all medical conditions medicine should only be used if absolutely neccesary, since all medicine has some risk of toxicity. In ckd meds can help, especially in more advanced stages or certain complications. Meds may be used for blood pressure control, renal protection, regulation of mineral metabolism, or help with anemia. But some patients can do great with careful diet and exercise alone.
Depends on stage. And depends on associated or causative illness. For instance, if you have diabetes or hypertension, you will need these treated. Advanced stage chronic kidney disease like stage 3, 4, & 5 will need meds to make up for consequences of kidney insufficiency.