Dopplerultrasound shows chronic radial artery occlusion with collateral flow in ulnar and intraosseous artery. In pain at elbow and wrist. Need help?

Dr. Norman Chideckel
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Radial artery

in 80% of people the ulnar artery is the dominant artery bringing blood flow into the hand.
It is unclear as to why you have a chronic radial artery occlusion, unless there was some evidence of trauma or arterial line placement. I would recommend that she be evaluated with regards to the pain at the elbow and wrist, but most likely this is not secondary to arterial insufficiency

In brief: Radial artery

Dr. Norman Chideckel
Dr. Norman Chideckel

In brief: It doesn't

Sound like pain is related to arterial circulation at radial artery (because of collateral flow), but consult your hand or ortho surgeon to be sure.

In brief: It doesn't

Dr. Robert Uyeda
Dr. Robert Uyeda
Dr. Jack Hinkle