Can you die from vasovagal syncope?

Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Not generally but...

Not unless you fall off a ladder, drown in a pool or get into a accident from passing out.
If you feel it coming on it is important you are in a safe place and put tour head down or lie down.

In brief: Not generally but...

Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Anything is possible

It must be possible to die from vasovagal syncope but i've seen countless instances in my work in a cath lab and have never seen a death from it.
Generally, passing out causes the victim to become supine which reverses it, but if you were tied up in an upright position and had prolonged low bp, it might be possible. Especially if someone had other serious conditions like CAD (severe blockages).

In brief: Anything is possible

Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner