Are peptic ulcers, the same as ulcerative colitis as far as treatments (cures)..And can ulcerative colitis also be caused by h pylori?

Dr. Donald Reed
Surgery

In brief: No.

Peptic ulcers are related to acid disorder in your stomach, and are not the same as ulcerative colitis, which is inflammatory bowel disease.
While peptic ulcers can be caused by h. Pylori, I have never heard uc is caused by or related to that infection. If you are having such symptoms, you need to discuss them with your own physician or a gastroenterologist.

In brief: No.

Dr. Donald Reed
Dr. Donald Reed
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Gastric Expertise

Nope. These are not the same diseases.
You have it right that the majority of true peptic ulcers are caused by an infection with h. Pylori. Ulcerative colitis occurs much later in the GI tract and are often caused by no known or testable cause other then genetic predisposition.

In brief: Gastric Expertise

Nope. These are not the same diseases.
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery