What should I do if my baby is not burping?

Dr. Michael Pappas
In brief: Don't panic
Some babies just don't burp.
But, first make sure that you are giving them the opportunity to burp. Try different positions with gentle back massage/tapping to encourage the air to "rise up": on your chest while you are in a sitting position, and also lying across your your lap. If your child doesn't burp and is otherwise happy and comfortable, then don't sweat it...The gas will come from below.

In brief: Don't panic
Some babies just don't burp.
Dr. Michael Pappas
Dr. Michael Pappas
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Keep trying
Keep trying and after you feed the infant half of your planned meal, pick him/her up and burp with less in their tummy.
That should help solve the problem. If you top off the gas tank to full every time, there is no room for air bubbles.

In brief: Keep trying
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Shontae Buffington