Can you die from cystic fibrosis?

Yes. Although the complications of cystic fibrosis are treatable, and although the available treatments are helpful, the disorder shortens the normal life expectancy.
Life is different. 100% of people die. People with this condition have a variable life expectancy and face many more problems than the average person. Life includes close collaboration between docs at home and a specialty center. Life includes school, a profession, and many of the same challenges everyone else has. Whether they die in a car crash at 30 or from complications of the disease at 50, they do live a life.