Can my regular doctor do the laser skin resurfacing in his clinic?

Can vs. should. Any md can purchase a laser and use it in a clinic...However, good results with lasers and chemical peels depend on appropriate training and experience. I would check the credentials of any doctor before you consider laser treatments or any cosmetic procedures.
Can? Yes should mayb. I would consult someone with experience doing this procedure. A board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist would be my pick.
Depends. Most traditional physicians do not have laser resurfacing in their clinic, however if your physician is providing cosmetic services, he/she may have them. Otherwise please see a cosmetic center such as medical spas, dermatology and plastic surgery offices.
Strictly legally speaking, yes. Yes. What is proper is another matter. Anyone who is graduated from a United States-accredited medical school can legally perform any medical procedure, but that doesn't mean that they should. In my opinion, doctors that wish to perform cosmetic procedures should have trained in a plastic surgery residency that includes thtype of training, not take a weekend course or learn from the reof the company that makes the product.
Talk to previous pts. I'm guessing that you mean your "regular" internist, family doctor or ob/gyn. Yes, these specialists can perform laser skin resurfacing with proper training. That's the key phrase. It might be a good idea to ask to talk to 2 or 3 satisfied patients first.
No. It is done in office but should be done by someone experience in the use of lasers and for appropriate reasons such as acne scars or fine to moderate wrinkling. Healing time varies form 3-4 days for erbium up to about 1 week for carbon dioxide. See a dermatologist or plastic surgeon for evaluation and other options.